It is mandatory for all Award Leaders to complete Award Leader Training so that they are fully aware of the implications and responsibilities involved with operating the Award.
Find out when and how for your State and Territory.
There are two levels of training required within NSW for Award Coordinators and Leaders involved with the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
Level 1 - Online Award Leader Training - Online delivery
It is a mandatory requirement that Level 1 training has been completed before Award Leader registrations will be accepted in the Online Record Book (ORB).
- Introduction to the Award, including history and philosophy
- Section Overview - Physical Recreation, Skills, Voluntary Service, Adventurous Journey and Gold Residential Project
- Award Unit administration
We recommend 3-5 hours be set aside for this task, noting that this module can be undertaken over multiple sessions. The training is completed via the Online Learning Hub. Instructions to assist in completing the training can be downloaded here
Level 2 - Award Administration Training (AAT) - Face to face delivery
It is mandatory for all Award Leaders to complete Level 2 within 12 months of their ORB registration being accepted and completion of Level 1.
- Level 1 refresher
- Award sections and activities
- Child protection requirements
- Registering, planning, managing and approving Awards
- Introduction to Online Record Book (ORB)
- Promotional ideas
- Adventurous Journeys
Registrations from 8:30am for 9:00am start, concluding at 3:30pm.
Level 2 - Regional Tele-Training
Regional tele-training bookings will only be taken from Award Units outside of these areas: Sydney Metro, Illawarra, Central Coast, Hunter and Blue Mountains.
Regional tele-training will commence at 10.00am and conclude at 2.00pm
Level 2 - Training Dates
Term 4, 2018:
Click on your preferred option below to book
For catering purposes and to ensure enough time for completion of the Pre-Learning Activity bookings will close 3 days prior to commencement.
- Tuesday 27th November - Regional Tele-Training - Regional Award Leaders ONLY
- Tuesday 4th December, Sydney Olympic Park
Specific location details will be sent to those who have booked into the training.
Save the Date – Term 1 & 2 2019:
Registrations open January 2019
- Friday 15th February – Sydney Olympic Park
- Wednesday 27th February – Berry SRC
- Tuesday 5th March - Regional tele-training
- Thursday 14th March – Sydney Olympic Park
- Tuesday 2nd April – Sydney Olympic Park
- Wednesday 10th April – Myuna Bay SRC
- Tuesday 21st May – Sydney Olympic Park
- Wednesday 3rd July – Sydney Olympic Park
- Friday 7th June - Regional tele-training
AAT is free! Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day. Please advise of any special dietary requirements during booking.
For more information contact the NSW DIVISION office.
WA Award Leading Training 2019 (Level 2)
Tuesday 19th February 2019
Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Wednesday 12th June 2019
Wednesday 7th August 2019
Wednesday 13th November
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the NT office.
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the TASMANIA office.