- By using the ORB you agree to be bound by these terms, which take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the ORB.
- The Foundation may change these terms from time to time and so you should check them regularly. Your continued use of the ORB will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using the ORB.
- If you are under 18 you must have a parent’s or guardian’s permission before signing in to the ORB. This is achieved by them authorising your application by email as part of the registration process.
- You should never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, your full name, school, home address or email address etc.) apart from on the personal information pages on the ORB where access is restricted.
How you may use the ORB
In using the ORB, you will;
- obey the laws applicable in your country or territory
- obey any codes of conduct or behaviour, or other notices we provide
- keep your user name and password secret and promptly notify us if you learn of a security breach related to the ORB. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with the Foundation.
You agree to use the ORB in accordance with the following rules;
- no advertising or promoting commercial products or services not endorsed by the Foundation.
- deliberate misuse of the system is not permitted.
If you do so, action may be taken against you and your account may be disabled. The Foundation reserves the right to close the ORB accounts of any user, if he or she is found to have attempted to disrupt any of the services in any way.
- You agree to submit to the ORB only evidence which is your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of the Foundation or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- By uploading any evidence (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) into the ORB you agree to give to the Foundation, free of charge, permission to use the material in any reasonable way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). In certain circumstances the Foundation may also share your contribution with trusted third parties, but we will always ask your permission before using any of your material.
- Copyright in your evidence will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
- In order that the Foundation can use your evidence, you confirm that it is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws applicable in your country or territory, that you have the right to give the Foundation permission to use it for the purposes set out above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your evidence or the consent of their parent or guardian if they are under 18.
- If you do not want to grant the Foundation the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit your evidence or contribution to the ORB.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the ORB and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in the Foundation or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Foundation content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any Foundation content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Foundation content requires the prior written permission of the Foundation. – The names, images and logos identifying the Foundation or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of the Foundation and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be interpreted as giving any right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Foundation or any other third party.
- We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) apart from on the personal information pages on the ORB, where access is restricted
If you breach these terms and conditions
- If you fail to abide by these Terms and Conditions when using the ORB, your evidence may be withdrawn. If you break these rules we will take appropriate action to temporarily or permanently suspend you from participating in your Award programme or using the ORB.
- If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate material and the Foundation considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the Foundation may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your Award Unit, employer, school or internet provider about the infringement(s).
- The Foundation reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any your ORB account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The majority of content posted in the ORB is created by Foundation participants, participant’s Leaders, Award Units, National Operators and the Foundation. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Foundation. The Foundation is not responsible for any content posted by participants, Leaders, Award Units or National Operators or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the ORB. Any links to third party websites from the ORB do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the Foundation and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- Whilst we take all reasonable efforts, the Foundation does not guarantee that functions available on the ORB will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the ORB or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- The failure or delay of the Foundation to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the Foundation’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.