If you would like to download these statistics for the Award Australia and International, click here.
Australian Statistics as at November 2018
|Young people starting an Award each year.||Over 26,600|
|Young people finishing an Award each year.||Over 11,000|
|Young people currently engaged with the Award each year.||Over 40,000|
|Number of adult volunteer Leaders and Activity Assessors supporting the Award each year.||Approximately 60,000|
|Number of Award Units Delivering the Award in Australia||Over 1,200|
|100% of donor funds are used to support disadvantaged young people to start and complete an Award each year.||Currently funding over 2,200 disadvantaged youth|
|Hours of volunteering by Award Participants each year.||Over 850,000 hours|
|Number of young people that have participated in the Award since its inception in Australia (1959).||Over 775,000|
Top 5 Award Activities in Australia
|Voluntary Service||Physical Recreation||Skill||Adventurous Journey||Gold Residential Project|
|Library Assistance||Soccer||Cooking||Trail Hiking||Youth Camps|
|Coaching||Tennis||Piano||Cadet Camp||French Exchange|
|Surf Life Saving||Basketball||Reading||Grade Camp||Sports & Coaching Camps|
|Cadets/Youth Leadership||Swimming||Driving||Horse Riding||Construction/Community Projects|
International Statistics as at November 2018*
- In 2016, more than 1.3 million young people around the world took part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
- Every day, more than 1,800 young people start their Award journey.
- In 2016, more than 340,000 young people gained an Award at Bronze, Silver or Gold level.
- In 2016, more than 140,000 young people considered marginalised or at risk took part in the Award.
- For over sixty years, millions of young people have participated and received Awards, with millions more benefiting from its impact in communities around the world.
- More than 200,000 volunteers support young people around the world to achieve their Award...
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award operates in more than 130 countries and territories around the globe
*These figures were last updated in 2016