Australian Statistics 2020
|Young people starting an Award each year.||Over 25,000|
|Young people finishing an Award each year.||Over 11,500|
|Young people currently engaged with the Award each year.||Over 44,000|
|Number of adult volunteer Leaders and Activity Assessors supporting the Award each year.||Over 60,000|
|Number of Award Centres Delivering the Award in Australia||Over 1,200|
|100% of donor funds are used to support disadvantaged young people to start and complete an Award each year.||Currently funded over 4,000 disadvantaged youth|
|Hours of volunteering by Award Participants in Australia each year.||Over 275,000 hours|
|Number of young people that have participated in the Award since its inception in Australia (1959).||Over 775,000|
International Statistics (2018)
- In 2018, more than 1.3 million young people around the world took part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
- Every day, more than 1,800 young people start their Award journey.
- In 2018, more than 328,550 young people gained an Award at Bronze, Silver or Gold level.
- In 2018, more than 150,000 young people considered marginalised or at risk took part in the Award.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award operates in more than 130 countries and territories around the globe