Communication/ Award Promotion Suggestions
- Set up a dedicated webpage on your school/organisation website with key information about the
Award including links to key resources and a link to the Award website http://www.dukeofed.com.au/
- Promote the Award in your newsletter and or direct email communications
- Present information about the Duke of Ed at parent/teacher evenings, fetes and other school events
- Promote in your school/organisation prospectus or brochures that you run the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
- Promote the Duke of Ed via your school/organisation social media pages including general information about the Award
and stories and pictures of Participants from your organisation undertaking their Award
- Set up a display board/area with Duke of Ed posters, photos, and information
- Establish a Duke of Ed Honour Board
- Encourage existing participants to talk about their experiences in class, meetings, assemblies, presentations etc.
- Make your own promotional video to show to your school/organisation. You may even tie this activity into the curriculum and get the participants to direct and present!
- Contact your local newspaper/press and let them know about the activities and successes of the Award program in your organisation. If any of your participants are doing something out of the ordinary, your local newspaper may run a story. Media templates are available at http://www.dukeofed.com.au/resource/media-release-templates/
- Recognise participants who have completed their Awards at special presentations, assemblies or
Since the establishment of Award in Australia in 1959 the following names have been used
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme (1950’s to 1970s)
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia (1980 to 2013)
CURRENT: The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award – Australia
The names and trademarks ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award – Australia’, ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Young Australian Challenge’ and the names of any related companies and those trademarks described above, (together the DEIA Marks) may not be used without prior approval of the National Award Authority.
All uses of DEIA Marks must comply with the guidelines set out in Schedule 3.0 of the Governance Policy. The DEA Marks may not be used in any other form or adapted in any way. No DEIA Mark may be used with or appear in close proximity to another trade mark without the National Award Authority’s prior written approval
For more information including high res logos and permission to use materials please contact the National Office on (02) 8241 1500 [prompt 3] OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
For State or Territory specific promotional materials search under the relevant tab below
For more information please contact the NORTHERN TERRITORY office.
For more information please contact the TASMANIAN office.
Last Updated on