Theme: “Connecting People, Building the Future”
Dates: 11 NOVEMBER TO 17 NOVEMBER 2019
Venue: SANTIAGO, CHILE
Official Language: English
Closing Date: CLOSED
APEC 2019 Voices of the Future
Founded in 2007, APEC Voices of the Future is a youth meeting for exchanges among young students from each economy held concurrently with the APEC Summit, aiming to let young students know more about APEC, expand their horizons, stimulate their enthusiasm for taking on the roles of leaders, and promote in-depth cultural exchanges among countries.
The Voices of the Future program brings together young people with potential for leadership and making a difference in society, and exposes them to the real-life deal-making process of world leaders, inspiring them to do the same with their own ideas.
Australia, Through the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, nominates 5 APEC participants (4 youth participants and 1 educator) to represent Australia at APEC Voices of the Future Youth Forum each year.
Open to all Australians aged between the ages of 18 and 25 years old with the 4 x Youth Participants to be aged 18-25 whilst the Educator should be 25+
Over 7 days, delegates attend numerous events and collaborated with other youth, political leaders, and business magnates.
- Provide a platform for interaction and networking for youth from the APEC 21 Economies to encourage mutual understanding and cooperation;
- Encourage the active participation of young people on APEC-related issues and policies;
- Cultivate a deeper appreciation of APEC and its work in the 21 economies;
- Provide learning opportunities for youth to interact with APEC leaders and business leaders; and
- Prepare future leaders of APEC economies.
- Theme: “Connecting People, Building the Future”
- Participants: 120 delegates from 21 APEC Economies (100 foreign delegates,20 delegates from the Host Economy, Chile)
- Participating Economies: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, United States of America and Vietnam. Dates: 11 November to 17 November 2019
- Venue: Santiago, Chile
- Official Language: English
- Organized by: Voices Leadership Council, National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) Council Singapore, and Chile Voices 2019 Working Committee.
In collaboration with APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC), Chile, APEC 2019 CEO Summit Host Committee, Chile, the Government of Chile and Diego Portales University of Chile.
NOTE: APEC Participants will be responsible for covering their own expenses for travel and attending APEC. The Award will not be responsible for funding Participants.
Eligibility of Youth Participants
(i) Between the ages of 18 and 25 years old (17-year-olds may apply but they should obtain permission from their guardian)
(ii) Proficient in English
(iii) Interested in trade, the economy and international relations
(iv) Track record in youth, community or public services
Eligibility of Educators (Team Leader)
(i) Mature adult above 25 years old
(ii) Experienced in coordinating and working with young people
(iii) Must be prepared to lead and facilitate group activities as assigned by organizers
(iv) Interested and have good knowledge of trade, the economy and international relations, especially related to APEC
(v) Serve as contact point/person for the participants
(vi) Must ensure welfare and safety of their participants for the duration of the program
Thank you to all those who applied.
Last Updated on