Participants and Parents/Guardians of Participants Under 18 years of age must agree to the following Requirements and Conditions before undertaking the Award.
1. I understand that the Participant cannot participate in the Award until the Participant Application Form has been completed (including Section 2 – Parent/Guardian Consent) and returned to the relevant Award Unit with the applicable registration fee, and has then been accepted by the Award Unit.
2. I consent to the Award Unit and any other individuals, including Volunteers# , who are involved in or assist in organising The Duke of Ed, and hired transportation drivers, transporting the Participant for the purpose of participating in activities or functions related to The Duke of Ed, as required. I understand that the Award Unit will notify me in advance of when and where such travel will occur.
3. I understand that certain activities are considered high-risk and that high-risk activities are not covered by the insurance arrangements of the National Award Authority (see Insurance Information for more information). I understand that the responsibility for all risks arising from the Participant’s participation in the Award is placed solely upon the Participant.
4. I authorise employees, officers or agents of the Award Unit and any other individuals who participate in, are involved in or assist in organising The Duke of Ed, in the event of any accident, injury, illness or loss suffered by the Participant whilst participating in, or travelling to and from, any activities or functions related to The Duke of Ed, to obtain any necessary medical assistance or treatment including, but not limited to, engaging any doctors, nurses or hospital accommodation.
5. I consent to pay all such doctors, nurses or hospital accommodation fees and expenses incurred on behalf of the Participant as a result of any such accident, injury, illness or loss suffered by the Participant whilst participating in, or travelling to and from, any activities or functions related to The Duke of Ed.
6. I consent to and understand the photographs may be taken of the Participant participating in certain activities related to the Award and such photographs may be used for promotion purposes provided an appropriate release form has been signed by both the Participant and their parent/guardian.
7. I have read and understood the different levels and requirements of the Award as set out in the Award Handbook
8. I understand every Participant must participate in the Award through an Award Unit who has the discretion to accept or reject Participants and proposed activities to be undertaken as part of the Award.
9. I understand that the Participant cannot commence any particular Section of the Award until: I have satisfied myself that any Volunteer nominated by the Participant, who is not an employee of the Award Unit, is suitably experienced and/or qualified to instruct/supervise/assess that Section of the Award; and until any relevant Volunteers have completed and returned required documentation to the Award Unit.
10. I understand that upon acceptance into The Duke of Ed by the Award Unit, the Participant will receive a Record Book or gain access to the Online Record Book (ORB). The Participant will read the requirements of the Award contained in the Record Book/ORB/www.dukeofed.com.au prior to commencing activities in relation to The Duke of Ed. I understand that the Award Unit has the discretion to determine whether the Award requirements have been met and therefore whether Bronze, Silver or Gold Award should be issued. I understand that the National Award Authority provides Participants with limited insurance in respect of personal accident and public liability (Insurance) commencing upon acceptance into The Duke of Ed by the Award Unit.
11. I understand that: a. a Participant must not drive a motor vehicle or transport other Participants participating in activities related to the Award, unless the Participant holds an appropriate and valid driver’s licence and there is appropriate third party insurance in place to cover any person injured as a consequence of the Participant’s driving; and b. a Participant must not be driven by any individual who is not involved in or assisting in organising The Duke of Ed, for the purposes of participating in The Duke of Ed unless the individual holds an appropriate and valid driver’s licence and there is appropriate third party insurance in place to cover any person injured as a consequence of the individual’s driving.
12. I understand that Participants are required to comply with the Award requirements contained in the Record Book/ORB/www.dukeofed.com.au, the policies of the relevant National or Award Operating Authority (as amended from time to time) and requirements of the Award Operating Authority and Award Unit in relation to emergency plans, assessment of activities and the conduct of Adventurous Journeys related to The Duke of Ed and understand that Award Units may withdraw their approval to the Participant’s participation in The Duke of Ed if they do not comply.
Last Updated on